To Purchase Our Hart Steel Products, Please Visit Our Main Site Here:
Early 2009, in the heart of the upper midwest, a group of artisans collaborated to form Hart Steel.
Hart Steel endeavors to create a new paradigm in razor and cutlery manufacturing by returning this art to the United States. We're proud to announce that we've begun production of Hart Steel's first line of straight razors.
Every part of a Hart straight razor is created and assembled in the U.S.A.; from the steel and the hardware to the durable injected mold silicone scales. Our steel is tested at a Rockwell hardness of 63, giving your razor the sharpest and most long-lasting edge possible. In the spirit of American cottage industry, our razors are created by Artisan Technicians (AT). One AT from start to finish, has hand ground, marked, sharpened, and assembled each razor. You'll find the AT's personalized mark proudly stamped on each razor to indicate his craftsmanship.
The one piece silicon scales have a simple elegance and are extremely durable while providing an excellent balance to the razor's edge. The scales are attached by a hex screw so the user can easily adjust, tighten or loosen to his preference as well as re-scale the razor using the provided hex wrench. Each Hart razor comes with its own handmade, water resistant deerskin sheath that will season with age and last for the life of your razor.
What is Different About Hart Steel Razors?
- Each razor is made, from start to finish, by an individual craftsman. The initials on the tang are the maker's assurance of quality.
- All blades are made from new O-1 tool steel. There are no old forgings or “mystery metal”.
- All blades are surface ground before and after heat treating. These razors are guaranteed to be straight for ease of stropping and honing.
- All blades are heat treated in a molten salt bath. The salt protects the blades from decarberization and oxidation.
- All blades are frozen in liquid nitrogen. The deep freezing assures dimensional stability.
- All blades are triple tempered for a final hardness of 62 – 63 HRC.
- All blades are finish honed on a vintage Escher hone and hand stropped. Every blade is “shave ready” right out of the box.
Thank you for you interest in Hart Steel. We encourage you to consider purchasing this American-made tool that will last a lifetime.
"The Heart of Every Razor is its Edge"